The Maribor common, part of the Evangelical church of the Augsburg confession in Slovenia, is located on the corner of the streets Gregorčičeva and Trubarjeva.
Christ’s Church was constructed in 1869 in a neo-Romanesque style. Because evangelical worship was forbidden from 1945 to 1952 and the building and its plundered interior had been nationalized, the Protestant congregation had to share its church with Orthodox worshippers. The church has been renovated and today Evangelical worship takes place within its walls.
Opposite of the building of Christ’s Church stands the tower Čeligijev stolp
; it is the only tower preserved of the once five towers of the northern city wall.
Holy mass: Sunday and holiday: 9.30 am
Tel. : ++386 2 250 21 60
Fax : ++386 2 250 21 61
Web site : www.maribor-pohorje.si
GPS Northing (N) : 46,5618
GPS Easting (E) : 15,6441