St. John's Church is located on a ridge above the Zgornje Pocakovo Village and can be easily reached by using the Svibno – Magolnik Ski Center road. The ridge offers superb views of the village of Svibno and the Castle Hill on its northeastern side and the village of Kladje and the mighty forest of Jatna on its southern side.
A small early-baroque church or a chapel with a wooden church tower, built in 1646, used to stand on its place next to the old-time presbitery in Pristava. It was a place where masses, baptisms and weddings were carried out for more than two centuries, till the spring of 1881, when the chapel was torn down. In the October of the same year the Church of St. John the Evangelist, also simply called The New Church, was already blessed on the same spot.
Looking in the west-east direction, the church is composed of a church tower, a nave and a lower and narrower presbitery with a sacristy on its northern side. The church has a simple architectural structure, its interior is vaulted. The furnishings originate from the 1880's, except from the baroque organ and the two 17th century angels on the northern wall.
The church was designed by Janez Krstnik Molinero, an architect from Skofja Loka, and built by Vincenc Grein and Janez Gajsek from Vojnik. In 1956 the church was consecrated to become a co-parish church by Anton Vovk, an auxiliary bishop from Ljubljana.
Find out more about Radece at http://www.ktrc.si