Address: Slovenski trg, 4000 Kranj
In 1886, the City of Kranj bought the farm of the Khislstein Manor in the suburb of Kokrica and arranged here a tree-lined promenade. In 1922, a National Center (Narodni dom) designed by architect Ivan Vurnik was erected on the east side of the park. The building with its monumental façade enclosed the park on the east. In the years following World War II, Vurnik?s building was reconstructed, and the park was renamed Revolution Square in 1961. The sculptural compositions are the work of the Slovene sculptor Janez Dolinar (1893?1970) and include Workers? Strike, The Beginning of the Uprising, Partisan Battle, and Revolution. The new square was designed by the architect Marijan Tepina and today is renamed Slovene Square (Slovenski trg).