The miner’s church of the Virgin Mary of Loreto
(Device Marije Lavretanske
) was erected in 1690
It was built by the Counts of Attems, then the owners of the Trenta
forges, who awarded it a special benefice.
The structure was renovated in the beginning of the 20th century
Of the Baroque church, only two items have been preserved the sculpture of the “Black Blessed Virgin
” (Črne Matere Božje
) in the altar niche, and the superbly crafted marble relief depicting the “Annunciation
” and integrated into the front side of the more recent altar.
The stone statue of the Madonna
in the niche of the main façade was crafted in the Baroque style.
the interior was painted by Tone Kralj
, providing it with a stamp of originality.
Free of charge
GPS Northing (N) : 46,3809
GPS Easting (E) : 13,7512