Address: Cesta prvih borcev 8250 Brežice
The church was built in 1782 to replace the old church from 1354, which had to be demolished after a flood in 1781 that was a major catastrophe for Brežice and its surroundings. The Sava River rose such a height that it changed course and swept away the entire nearby village of Zasavje as well as the Church of Sv. Florjan in Brežice. The Cistercian monks from Kostanjevica came to help, and a year later they had rebuilt the church in the Romanesque style. According to their plans, the church should have reached the edge of the road but was shortened due to a lack of money and now has the shape of a Greek cross. The interior is adorned with frescoes by Tomaž Fantoni and Jakob Broll from the middle of the 19th century and by Stane Kregar from 1966.